Pierce Insurance is built on
servant leadership and innovation.
Lonnie & Wanda Pierce
Empower our client employers by:
- Structuring benefits that attract and retain a talented, skilled workforce
- Reducing administration time and costs
Strengthen our clients’ employees by:
- Providing highly competitive supplemental benefits designed to promote their emotional, physical, and financial well-being.
- Advocating for employees as they navigate their benefits
2nd Generation Leadership
Lonnie T. Pierce, III
President & CEO
Patricia Pierce Combs
Vice President & CFO
3rd Generation - Continuing our Legacy
- Innovative virtual enrollment protocols easing the process for employees
- Employee education through efficient virtual Information Sessions
- Effective organizational strategies
- Improved training processes
- And most recently, streamlining the RFP process
Licenses: Property and Casualty, Life, Health, and Long-term Care/Medicare Supplement
Account Manager, NC Retirement Systems &
- Call center management
- Technology support and training
- Assisting senior management
- Coordinating meetings
Licenses: Life, Health, and Long-term Care/Medicare Supplement
- 1956 Implemented 1st supplemental benefits in N.C. State Government: John Umstead Hospital – Cancer, Life and Disability
- 1960’s Designed and implemented programs that wrapped around the State Disability Program
- 1980’s Our parents, Lonnie and Wanda Pierce, were responsible for initiating GS_58_31_60, allowing competitive selection of voluntary payroll deductions
- 1984 Introduced the 1st Voluntary Dental Plan to the State of North Carolina
- UNC-Chapel Hill
- NC State University
- UNC Wilmington and others
- 1999 Awarded the 1st statewide Vision program through NC Flex
- 2001 1st to implement Section 125 programs in NC Community Colleges. One of the 1st to participate was Lenoir Community College.
- 2005 Awarded the 1st statewide Life Insurance and Cancer programs through NC Flex. The same plans are still in effect.
- 2006 Awarded by Diversity Business Top 50 Privately Held Businesses
- 2011 Awarded Broker/Consultant Contract with NC Retirement Systems
- 2018 Top 100 Woman-Owned Business in North Carolina
- 2019 Pierce Insurance with NC State Treasurer Folwell renegotiated the NC Retirement Systems dental, vision, and ID theft contracts resulting in nearly $3 million in premium savings for NC retirees over two years.
- 2019 Granted a Cooperative Procurement Contract via the Virginia Public Procurement Act §2.2-4304 (VPPA)
- 2019 Pierce Insurance was selected by National Benefit Partners to represent Benefits That Benefit Children’s voluntary products and services.
- 2020 In response to COVID-19, Pierce Insurance with NC State Treasurer Folwell negotiated a one-time dental premium refund for NC retirees.
- 2022 Pierce Insurance has grown to serve over 800,000 policies in force.